Last Updated: October 5th, 2016
Information that we collect about you
We may collect personal data about you from different sources, including collecting personal data: (i) from you directly; (ii) when you access the Channels; and (iii) from other sources.
Types of personal data we collect from you directly
We may collect personal data from you directly when you provide us with personal data so that you can register as a member of our loyalty program, register for prize draws or competitions, receive information or mailings, use Hutchison Hain Organic (Hong Kong) Limited applications, buy a product or service from us, complete a survey, make a comment or enquiry, contact our customer services or for a variety of other reasons. Please be assured that we will not collect any personal data unless you provide this information voluntarily.
The types of data we may collect from you directly include your:
- postal address;
- email address;
- home telephone number or mobile number;
- loyalty card number;
- credit card or other payment information;
- order history/wishlist;
- payment history;
- date of birth;
- shopping habits;
- product preferences;
- ID card number;
- website/social media page address.
Types of personal data we collect when you access the Channels (cookies)
- information about the type of browser you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked; and
- the websites you visited before arriving at our Channels.
Types of personal data we collect from other sources
We may receive personal data about you from other sources, which could include commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations in the relevant countries ensuring the protection of personal data (“Data Protection Laws”).
The types of data we may collect from such sources include:
- street address;
- your shopping habits;
- preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests; and
- publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings.
How we use your personal data
Subject to your prior consent where required under applicable Data Protection Laws, we may use your personal data:
- to process your application;
- to provide the services;
- to respond to your queries or comments;
- for the purposes of promotion, prize draws or competitions that you have entered;
- to send you products or samples that you have requested;
- to evaluate the use of our Channels, products and services and understand your browsing and shopping habits;
- to make product recommendations to you;
- to carry out analytics and market research;
- to analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- to perform online behavioural analysis;
- to prevent or detect fraud or other crimes and/or verify your identity;
- to verify/check your credit/payment status; and
- to process payment instructions.
We may supplement the personal data you provide to us with other information that we hold or that we may receive from third parties. We do this for marketing purposes to provide you with more targeted products and services.
We may send you, by post, email or SMS, details of products, services, special offers, promotions and other information that we think may be of interest to you based on your previous purchases and information you have given to us. From time to time we may also contact you for customer research purposes. You may unsubscribe from such communications at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However if you do unsubscribe you may miss out on some great offers.
We may from time to time operate a ‘refer a friend’ or ’email a friend’ service to enable you to easily recommend a product, offer or other information to a friend. If you use this facility please ensure that you have obtained your friend’s consent before you provide us with their personal data. When we contact the friend we will always tell them the name and email address of the person who made the referral. We will not use your friend’s information for any other purpose unless they consent to us doing so.
Processing your information
We may share your personal data with or pass it onto other companies within the HWCL Group and third parties which directly support our promotional activities and Channels administration. We may use third parties to help us process and analyse your personal data, to give us insights that we can use to improve our products and services, and to track the effectiveness of a particular promotion or campaign. Also, if you order a product or service from us, we may share your personal data with our suppliers and other third parties to allow delivery of the products and services you have ordered. Any such suppliers or third parties are not authorised by us to use your personal data in any other way and will be required by us to implement measures to protect your personal data. Please note that we may need to disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by law, or by a warrant, subpoena or court order.
We will delete your personal data when there has been no activity on your account for 3 years.
Where we transfer and process your information
We may need to transfer your personal data to a location outside of Hong Kong, including to countries that do not offer the same level of protection with respect to personal data as required in Hong Kong, on a need-to-know basis for administrative purposes and analysis. By subscribing to and using our services, you acknowledge and consent to these potential transfers. We will ensure that we will place obligations on the recipient of the data to provide an adequate level of protection to the standard as required in Hong Kong.
Protecting your personal data
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
The Channels may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our Channels, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website you visit.
Your rights and who to contact
- don’t want to be contacted in the future by us;
- would like a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- would like us to correct or update your personal data in our records;
You can send an email to email@example.com or write to us at: Hutchison Hain Organic (Hong Kong) Limited, Units 1703-04, 17/F, 9 Chong Yip Street, Ngau Tau Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Appendix A: Hutchison Hain Organic (Hong Kong) Limited Policy on Cookies
- You can disable the cookies from your browser at any point in time and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting “Tools/Internet Options” and reviewing your privacy settings or selecting “delete cookies”. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the Channels and being able to make any purchases from the Channels. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu, or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features in our Channels, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised and essential features of our Channels by using them.
More information about cookies
- To remember your language and country preferences in the Channels;
- To remember what items you put in your basket on your last visit, so that we can keep your basket contents for you if you did not buy them; and
- To track customer behaviour such as the pages accessed on your way through the Channels, and the rate of basket abandonment. This helps us to improve the Channels and your browsing experience.
- Our Channels may also use some third-party tools such as Google Analytics and Facebook and these third-parties may also place cookies via our Channels.
Please note that:
- some cookies are set by our Channels (‘first party cookies’) and some are set by others such as Google and Facebook (‘third party cookies’); and
- some cookies are removed from your computer when you close your browser. These are called ‘session cookies’. Others stay on your computer for longer, until they expire after a fixed time. These are called ‘persistent cookies’, and can be used to store information between your browsing sessions, such as your preferred settings on a website, or the items that you added to your basket on your last visit.